TimeLine

* LOVE * PEACE * JOY *

Monday, November 22, 2004

"Hi! Life?!"
-by Sarah Leung

I was heading to the pantry or "hot water room" when a familiar voice greeted me. It was the Malay clearner who is always in bright and colorful make-up, not forgetting a loud voice. She is a nice lady I have to say. In a cheerful (and thundering) voice, she asked me how am I doing. Causally, I gave my lamest & unconventional reply, a questionable "okay?!". But when she started complaining about her long working hours, I knew she is just like me. We are both hit by the Monday blues. Feeling exactly what she is doing then, I cursed the pre-Monday blues that affected me way ahead on Sunday. Ha, what a life, not beautiful I guess.

After that short talk, I headed back to my table with my hot water. While savoring my 3-in-1 breakfast cereal, (quick & easy, well-loved by busy people or at least trying their best to look busy- like me just because it's conveniently packed into small individual packs never for its great taste), I thought if "I am not working, what else can I do?" Damn, once and again that would be hell of a life.

I remember when I was growing up (naive + stupid, they come in a package) I told my Mum that I would love to be a home-maker just like her. Do without the heretic work yet enjoy a stable return of money to spend. Just like a Tai-Tai (rich man's wife), scheduling appointments for hair-do, facial, high tea, majong games, shopping... (you name it, they do just it ha!). In my eyes, they don't seem to be bored of those standard routines. If you ask me are they having a great time as women trapped in their martial status? It might be a different story then. I'll always remember the sad look on her face whenever I say I want to be a Tai-Tai. Well, there's always two sides to a coin, maybe I should learn to be contented and get back to work.

P.S. If only I have work!

2 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp pas cher, nike free, tiffany jewelry, nike air max, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, polo ralph lauren outlet, sac longchamp, oakley sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, nike free, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, burberry, chanel handbags, ugg boots, kate spade outlet, air jordan pas cher, jordan shoes, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louboutin pas cher, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp, air max, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, replica watches, nike outlet, louboutin, louis vuitton, tory burch outlet

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

timberland boots, lancel, chi flat iron, nike trainers, insanity workout, new balance, vans shoes, gucci, soccer shoes, nike air max, ray ban, reebok shoes, mont blanc, celine handbags, ralph lauren, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, lululemon, converse outlet, ghd, oakley, longchamp, ferragamo shoes, babyliss, bottega veneta, mcm handbags, beats by dre, hollister, p90x workout, soccer jerseys, hollister, iphone cases, vans, nike roshe, louboutin, converse, north face outlet, wedding dresses, baseball bats, instyler, hollister, herve leger, mac cosmetics, valentino shoes, asics running shoes, nfl jerseys, nike huarache, abercrombie and fitch, north face outlet, birkin bag

 

Post a Comment

<< Home