TimeLine

* LOVE * PEACE * JOY *

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

"How do you do?"
-by Sarah Leung

Seated alone in my office, I started munching on crap (cheese ring that is hard to get nowadays & I bloody love it)even though I'm a little worried about the fats I'm putting into my body. Moreover, thinking about my day because I have not really put any thinking into my answer when people ask me "how was ya day?". So Okay is my standard response to them. Well, don't get the wrong idea, it's not for the reason that I don't wish to tell them more but I just simply never think of that before. I mean how do you describe a day that is flat (no bad news yet no good news, no truck-load of work just some admin task, long waiting for lunch to come and office hours to end)? Perhaps those busy people out there who happens to read this is shouting out loud, "hey! you know? YOU ARE REAL LUCKY". I hate to disagree with you but I have to. I never did expect coming to work to see a clean empty desk, laptop with no work-related documents and a quiet answering machine. Neither machines nor me are working. I'm miserable for not having deadlines to meet, no nasty phone calls to curse upon and nothing to eat into my lunch break. Going to work just makes me restless all day long. How I hope I can go back to academic class. I miss the flexible timetable, the noisy yet familiar campus and friends I meet along corridors. What a wonderful feeling! Corporate world is certainly alien to me.

Everthing comes to light now that I clearly know what I want. Sitting in my office all day long is definitely not my style. I love meeting people (Yes, despite knowing 85% are nasty people), I love to work under different environment and I have to admit I never fail to perform in my best when I'm placed under pressure.

It's never dull to listen to people tell me about their day and give them my attention. Usually they need no advise. And the next time they see you, you will be greeted by their most cheerful smile & never miss a chance to stop by and chat with you. Ha! It's hard for me to be annoyed by their complains or frowzy. That may explains why I find it easy to connect with others. Sometimes, it's puzzling how strangers come up to me and start a conversation. But please don't get me wrong, I don't attempt to prove anything here. In fact, I'm just an average looking chinese girl.

Oh! So what's up with my day?