TimeLine

* LOVE * PEACE * JOY *

Thursday, April 29, 2004

I got a shock of my life
-by Sarah Leung

What is happening around Singapore? First was the collapse of Nicholl Highway just a week ago and was followed by the cave-in worksite at Ayer Rajar. These are the real tragedies happening in the country and it concerns all of us. Just what went wrong? No matter what, this shouldn*t be the time for finger-pointing. It should be a time where we review and change so as not to let history repeat itself. Lastly, my heart goes out to the casualties of the accidents.

Another shockwave sped by

I nearly jumped when I was at the corner of the stairs when an object just flashed towards me. We almost hit each other. At that sudden, I kept my eyes closed and hold my breath as if I could foresee a disaster to happen right before my eyes. I was in shock. Then came a strong American-slang *sorry* and I opened my eyes. Standing in front of me was this apple-pie! He is a fresh, spotless Chinese guy. Immediately, I was lost for words. I could have said ~It*s ok~ but I could not force out a word. Upon, seeing my reaction, he quickly added another apology. Both times he sounded sincere but the lather was more concern with the fright hanging on my face. I wish I could say something but I simply couldn*t. [After-thought: He looks familiar, I think I know him.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home