TimeLine

* LOVE * PEACE * JOY *

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I let him go

He is my childhood sweetheart. We know each other since we were born. Just like everyone else, he is not perfect. He sleeps late, eats junk and is as stubborn as an ox. But his weaknesses never did stop me from accepting the way he is.
Our first meeting after years was awkward and strange. I was 18 when I met him for the first time after our separation. With just one look, I could recognize this man standing in front of me. He is real yet felt more like a virtual image to me. Introduction was unnecessary. Through out, our interaction was no more than a courteous formality.
We choose to date at the restaurant where our families used to frequent. Time did change the restaurant, but the familiar feeling stayed. Instantly, we were greeted by the good-old memories. It is the place that brought us together; little did we know that it will soon ends like a chapter in a book.
Our renew relationship progressed during that few weeks. He put a smile on me more than anyone ever possible. He worked his charms and made me talk enthusiastically about my craziest ideas. But most of all, he made me feel important.
Until, his family came over for a visit. His parents have aged and his younger brother is no longer a child now. Seeing them all again made me realize how much we had changed over the years.
We broke into a silent when his mother announced his engagement. His expression was unreadable. She is the girl he met in high school. His mother’s laughter kept ringing in my ears, **when you were both kids, we thought Ah Wai will eventually marry you.** she chuckled. Yes, I would be the one marrying him if I have not left. I would have asked him to wait for me if I were not a child then. Maybe, everything would not be the same. If I could turn back the clock.

*In just a blink, what*s right can be very wrong for you*

2 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp pas cher, nike free, tiffany jewelry, nike air max, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, polo ralph lauren outlet, sac longchamp, oakley sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, nike free, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, burberry, chanel handbags, ugg boots, kate spade outlet, air jordan pas cher, jordan shoes, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louboutin pas cher, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp, air max, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, replica watches, nike outlet, louboutin, louis vuitton, tory burch outlet

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

timberland boots, lancel, chi flat iron, nike trainers, insanity workout, new balance, vans shoes, gucci, soccer shoes, nike air max, ray ban, reebok shoes, mont blanc, celine handbags, ralph lauren, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, lululemon, converse outlet, ghd, oakley, longchamp, ferragamo shoes, babyliss, bottega veneta, mcm handbags, beats by dre, hollister, p90x workout, soccer jerseys, hollister, iphone cases, vans, nike roshe, louboutin, converse, north face outlet, wedding dresses, baseball bats, instyler, hollister, herve leger, mac cosmetics, valentino shoes, asics running shoes, nfl jerseys, nike huarache, abercrombie and fitch, north face outlet, birkin bag

 

Post a Comment

<< Home