TimeLine

* LOVE * PEACE * JOY *

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

"Ho! Ho! Ho!"
-by Sarah Leung

It is 1 of December, the month of happiness. I truly adore the spirit this December brings. It is a season of magical Christmas, excitement - the final showdown of the Singapore Idol and most importantly a season of love. It is a time for all to get together with family and friends, be it enjoying a Christmas feast or a romantic stroll along the brightly lit Orchard Road. December to me is even more significant because my bubbly sister is born on this last month of the year. The joy December brings to me is enormous that no word can fully describe.

Getting ready for Christmas is a year end bash to me. I am brought up in a family-oriented home that spent festivals in a big way. Above all, I love the Christmas most. My dad plays a big part in molding my love for this festive season. In fact, he is my early impression of Santa Clause. Seeing him walk around the house with a beer tummy and those big foot of his are in some way alike Santa in the movies. What's more is that he taught me the word "surprise" when he secretly placed my Christmas gift on my pillow, made a foot print or two on my bed, sending me a thought of Santa just step in.

Do you still remember the lesson of Christmas? "Santa knows who's naughty or nice" and so only the good kid gets his present. Therefore, year after year of Christmas, when I see my present on my pillow, I'm glad that I have been a good kid to my family again. I just hate to disappoint them. Sometimes, I got so worried that I'll run over to the kitchen, grab the towels and help my mom with the dishes. This happens only once a year because Santa is watching. Ha!

I can still recall my first encounter with Christmas when I was around 3 year old. On the eve, my mom showed me where to hang my socks so that it is visible to Santa. Through out the night, I peek at my socks at the window frame endlessly. I kept wondering, how big a gift can my mini socks hold? And soon enough I felt asleep.

The minute I woke up the next day, my mind is no more on McDonald's but where is my present? The 3 year old me is very quiet & shy, despite the excitement contains in me, I did not raise a sound. I would only look at the socks and sallow my tears because it looks flat & empty. It was a torture guessing what is in the socks! Or is there anything in it?

The wait was finally over as my mom brought out a red wire bag from the socks. I had my eyes glued to its content that they were as big as the gold fish. Yes, it's gold. Guess what, it was a bag of chocolate gold coin. Yummy!

4 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger Ongwx84 said...

Wow.. u really had a very interesting childhood during x'mas.. got a pic of you when u were 3 ? haha.. just joking with ya...

x'mas's a season to share right ? if i'm not wrong..

anyway take care of yourself~ cya around in sch soon

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp pas cher, nike free, tiffany jewelry, nike air max, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, polo ralph lauren outlet, sac longchamp, oakley sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, nike free, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, burberry, chanel handbags, ugg boots, kate spade outlet, air jordan pas cher, jordan shoes, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louboutin pas cher, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp, air max, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, replica watches, nike outlet, louboutin, louis vuitton, tory burch outlet

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

timberland boots, lancel, chi flat iron, nike trainers, insanity workout, new balance, vans shoes, gucci, soccer shoes, nike air max, ray ban, reebok shoes, mont blanc, celine handbags, ralph lauren, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, lululemon, converse outlet, ghd, oakley, longchamp, ferragamo shoes, babyliss, bottega veneta, mcm handbags, beats by dre, hollister, p90x workout, soccer jerseys, hollister, iphone cases, vans, nike roshe, louboutin, converse, north face outlet, wedding dresses, baseball bats, instyler, hollister, herve leger, mac cosmetics, valentino shoes, asics running shoes, nfl jerseys, nike huarache, abercrombie and fitch, north face outlet, birkin bag

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ugg boots uk, canada goose, toms shoes, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, moncler, moncler, canada goose uk, moncler outlet, replica watches, swarovski crystal, canada goose, supra shoes, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, coach outlet, swarovski, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, canada goose, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, canada goose outlet, karen millen, moncler, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, ugg pas cher, moncler, montre pas cher, links of london, hollister, pandora charms, doudoune canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, bottes ugg, marc jacobs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home