TimeLine

* LOVE * PEACE * JOY *

Sunday, October 30, 2005

How would you know it’s time to give up?
-by Sarah Leung

For the past days, I’ve asked myself over and over again, am I doing the right thing? Is this the right job for me? Till now, I’ve not found the answer.

To remain myself what made me give up in the past, I recalled the time I decided to let go of my love, the time I realized that I can never pass my calculus and that’s when I understood I’ve not faced much obstacles in life after all. Giving up is a rare event in my life.

Even after the break-up, I did not give him up. I thought I could save this relationship, I believed I could change his mind. And so I waited for weeks, finally I decided that was the end of the worthless wait. It was when my sorrow was suppressed by hatred. My hatred was like a catalyst that made me quickly accept we can never be together. That was how I gave him up and my heart never return to him since then.

For two years, I tried to improve my grade by paying more attentions during calculus class. But it didn’t work. Instead, it made me reject the subject more. The moment the lecturer explains a sum, an automatic respond will generate from my brain -my mind goes blank. That was how I gave up the subject after two tries and my heart swear never to take up calculus again.

My job is getting me down. It makes me feel bad about myself. I can’t help but ask myself why I picked this job in the first place? Why is there such a great difference from the time I was jumping in joy when I got the job and now that I got so deflated because of it? Just like what my boss asked me, “Is this job what you want to do?” I know I shouldn’t but yet I’m still waiting for a respond.

Answer: I never want to given up without trying so I put in my best effort in overcoming my fear. I’m glad to say, I’ve pass the test and is now ready for more challenges ahead.

P.S.: My warmest gratitude to all that have helped me along the way. Thank you for your advices and helping me see the world as a more profound place. It is your words that guide me through my most difficult times. Thank you!

3 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Ongwx84 said...

Hey Sarah~

Cheer up =)

Understand that certain things are very very hard to forget.. really takes time. There's always people around u that u can talk to... :)

A happy occasion is coming.. just right around the corner.. Forget unhappy things and enjoy the day~

"To be capable of steady friendship or lasting love, are the two greatest proofs, not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind."

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Ongwx84 said...

Hey Sarah.. don't know whether u'll see this.. but I've changed my blog address

http://ongwx-desmond.blogspot.com

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp pas cher, nike free, tiffany jewelry, nike air max, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, polo ralph lauren outlet, sac longchamp, oakley sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, nike free, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, burberry, chanel handbags, ugg boots, kate spade outlet, air jordan pas cher, jordan shoes, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louboutin pas cher, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp, air max, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, replica watches, nike outlet, louboutin, louis vuitton, tory burch outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home