TimeLine

* LOVE * PEACE * JOY *

Monday, December 20, 2004

"Dad's home for Christmas!"
-by Sarah Leung

It's 5 days to Christmas! (I simply adores the number 5) And it's great. I feel much gratitude than thanksgiving day. It has been a month of preparation and I have not finished. This means last min mad dash for hair cut, sending out more greeting cards and family gatherings. Sad to say I have my work too. (Sigh) I'm gone.

Touching my hair, I feel it spring out of control that I need a hair cut badly before I pick up my Dad tomorrow, his social jamboree following that & back-to-school next week. Yes, I need it today. Picked up the phone, I dial her number. Thank goodness, my hair-stylist is willing to stay a little later to do me this favor.

Thinking hard of what to write, my mind is blown away by events that are taking place this week. I keep reminding myself, the collection of festive treats for his family, dad's arrival, meet-my-folks and cozy Christmas parties with close friends. My hands are tied and my memory is failing me. (Oh s***, pimples!)

My work place is filled with festive joy with the spray of white Santa on glass door, balloons popping out of ceiling in club house to the 8 feet tall Christmas tree in the lobby. It feels like holiday already and everyone is in the mood to party. I'm confident that Christmas this year would be perfect! I feel so blessed now, just like the little me when I saw the bag of chocolate gold coin. But other than that, all things have changed.

From the time when my dad shift his attention to China, my only form of communication with him is via email. Even though he will call every weekends, I keep my talk with him brief & casual. I always find it hard to open up to him. He always have truck-load of logic to prove that he is right. Although, I agree with him most of the time, he seldom listen to what others have to say. My mom had much of it since the day she married my dad and nothing can stop him now or ever.

He can be a stubborn old man (like father like daughter) but I still love him very much. Which is why I'm glad he can be home for Christmas. Without my family together, nothing feels complete. What's more important than watching your family unfold the gifts before your eyes? What can be more important that sharing a cozy dinner with your family?

No, work is an excuse not an answer.

2 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp pas cher, nike free, tiffany jewelry, nike air max, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, polo ralph lauren outlet, sac longchamp, oakley sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, nike free, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, burberry, chanel handbags, ugg boots, kate spade outlet, air jordan pas cher, jordan shoes, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louboutin pas cher, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp, air max, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, replica watches, nike outlet, louboutin, louis vuitton, tory burch outlet

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

timberland boots, lancel, chi flat iron, nike trainers, insanity workout, new balance, vans shoes, gucci, soccer shoes, nike air max, ray ban, reebok shoes, mont blanc, celine handbags, ralph lauren, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, lululemon, converse outlet, ghd, oakley, longchamp, ferragamo shoes, babyliss, bottega veneta, mcm handbags, beats by dre, hollister, p90x workout, soccer jerseys, hollister, iphone cases, vans, nike roshe, louboutin, converse, north face outlet, wedding dresses, baseball bats, instyler, hollister, herve leger, mac cosmetics, valentino shoes, asics running shoes, nfl jerseys, nike huarache, abercrombie and fitch, north face outlet, birkin bag

 

Post a Comment

<< Home