TimeLine

* LOVE * PEACE * JOY *

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

"The best time in life"
-by Sarah Leung

In the headline of my interest: Come 1st of January and wave goodbye to Channel i, Streats & MediaWorks broadcast station.

One thing for sure, I admire the spirit of the MediaWorks crew.

In the news, highlighted was the movement of staff but what I'm more concern is the retrenchment exercise. Those left out of the list are talented artists who will move on and search for a new direction in life.

For some of us, we may not be affected by this local entertainment news yet again we understand the fear of uncertainty, the sadness of leaving and the anger of the forgotten. This is where our state of mind is thrown into confusion. And negative questions like "What am I gonna do?", "I can't bear to leave" and "Why me?" raced our mind. I'm absolute that most of us have gone through this before.

What about me? I am facing an unknown, my development after graduation in April next year. Will my parents put me through the local degree program or will I go against the odd to be independent? 3 months ago, I would have heed my dad's advice and leave the country after graduation but the circumstances now changed. I care for my Significant Other. I wouldn't want to separate from him the same way my family is going through.

Open universities may be one good option. However, the result of various degree information talks & pressing registration was overwhelming. In the result, I could only sign a heavy Oh my!

A 19 year-old should be independent enough to settle for a job & move out. It maybe the best time of my life.

To those in despair, let me ask you to be brave because this is not an end, it is the beginning of a new start. Never be defeated by fear, face the challenge and open the next door to success. Remember! the best is still waiting for you to discover.

Set yourself free. Go on and ponder about what you really want in life? And when you know it, make the move. Making the first step is the only most difficult part in your decision. After the first step, nothing will be too difficult for you. Don't restrict yourself to just one opportunity, open your eyes to new exciting chances. Welcome the change, don't frown! Live it like the best time in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home