TimeLine

* LOVE * PEACE * JOY *

Friday, December 03, 2004

"Change for the better?!"
-by Sarah Leung

I can't wait for 6pm to come so that I can lay my hands on the latest issue of Vogue! Ha! For the past 2 months or so, I have not spend fair bit of time reading reviews on the latest showcase from the most sought after designers. In fact, I long for a stroll in the bookshop right now where I can browse through copies of fashion magazines, stretch of novels & picture-colorful travel guides. (I smell books!) I badly need a trip to the biggest bookstore in town. The smell of the widest range of commercial reading materials is simply alluring to me.

Right now, my time is spent on work, family and my significant other. It seems like my past hobbies have no room to breathe. I miss the good old days when I could go downtown after class without consent, visit the library at least twice weekly and always have abundance time for anything. Now, I have to buy time for my friends, volunteer mission and sleep. Life is so different now that I have someone by my side.

To have and to hold someone special means great responsibilities (which I'm still lacking), commitments and sacrifices. In another word, my favorite past time are replaced with new ones like movie, hiking and beach-watching. Chocolate, calories sinful but bloody love it is out of my menu to make way for new healthy diets. One color (black) on me is revamped for brighter colors like pink & purple. Sleepy weekend mornings are so lively nowadays when he comes with warm breakfast. I used to get up late which I can no more. Wow! What a turn over! Ha! What an improper lifestyle I got. Not too late for a change I guess.

I'm amazed by the change he in-cultivated in me. My present life is so full of delights that is incredible. The lost I felt in the beginning, when it all started, had vanished. Everything is in place and I am surrounded by joy. So what's now? Charge to the bookstore! Well, maybe I should bring him along. What say you?